Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1st - bring on the color!

In my crochet efforts I am trying very hard to stay on track and start a mini Babette Blanket. I look at them, with eyes glazed over, from the brilliant colors and art like abstract look. They are color on top of color. They are so happy looking! How can you not feel happy when you see all the puzzle pieces coming together in a splash of bright color? I must make one!

Our son's adorable girlfriend told me her favorite colors are green and purple and my brain went into overdrive. I have picked out scraps of yarn and bought some to start my Babette. Every double crochet is one stitch closer to making this fantastic little piece of happiness.

It's wonderful how when you crochet you can quiet your mind and feel peaceful. It's one of the few times when my head isn't buzzing with one hundred thoughts at once. Prayer is easy when I'm crocheting. It's just my quiet mind and God, together, talking.

There is another wonderful thing about crochet, for me. It can be summed up in one word...YARN! Going into A.C. Moore and entering the yarn area makes my heart beat a little faster. All those colors, textures and possible projects - just sitting there - waiting on me. Once I make a square I have to smooth it down, inspect it and touch it. Why does yarn intrigue me? I have no idea.

And speaking of yarn...mine is calling. I have to go answer it's call. Yes, Babette, I'm coming to rescue you.

No comments:

Post a Comment