Wednesday, September 15, 2010

OCM and No Poo

I read an article about cleaning your face with the Oil Cleansing Method. So I started researching it and I was impressed. The other thing I came across was the No Poo method of hair care. Both of these are going to be implemented and tried for 1 month.

1. OCM - A mixture of Castor Oil, EVOO and Jojoba oil. Rub a quarter size amount of the oil onto face and massage for at least one minute. Wet a face cloth with very hot water and wring out. Lay the cloth on the face and let steam until cool. Rinse face with warm water and towel dry.

This is day 2 of the OCM. I had a few white heads and a black head on my chin. They have come up and are coming out. My face is a lot softer and I didn't need moisturizer.
*************

2. The No Poo method of hair care.
My hair is wirey and dry and the more stuff I try the worse it gets. There has been a bunch of hair fall and breakage.
Ok - the no poo method.
too lazy to type it out so here is the deal...
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Go-No-Poo/

I'll do oil treatments once a week and the no poo twice a week. I'll start this tomorrow. Was going to start today but had a house showing and it messed up my afternoon.

I am so ready to get rid of things and stuff and just all the clutter and junk in our lives. I'm reading about the Clothing diet, Simple Living and Declutter/Destressing.

My crochet is coming along and there is no desire to pare down my giving away squares, making things for others or relaxing with a hook in my hands. Those are the things that make life grand.

Stay tuned for the OCM and No Poo trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment