Thursday, September 16, 2010

Time to get serious

After boxing up many things and preparing a little here and there for the move I thought we may have to be inconvenienced by having to 'make do' with less things. Well guess what? We haven't missed anything!

For weeks my head has been in the get rid of it mode. I despise clutter! But I'm always afraid to get rid of too much because DH like things...lots of things. Well, I'm on the downhill slide to turning 50 and moving into a new house and starting a ministry. All these new beginnings have opened my heart. In the quiet times when I am crocheting the Spirit tells me and shows me how much can be stripped down. Simplicity is the motto now.
When Jesus called His disciples He told them to just come. Don't pack a suitcase, don't go by the ATM, don't make elaborate preparations - just come. Simple, so simple.

I always thought that our house was pretty simple, not too cluttered, etc.. but.. when you start opening closets, looking in the basement, pulling out drawers and looking in cabinets you see how much junk you've pushed out of sight and out of mind. I realized that I have over 20 pairs of socks. WHY!?! Some of them are ratty but I won't part with them. They take up a whole drawer in the dresser. This makes no sense because I only wear them in cold weather and I only wear the ones I like. So that means that about 12 pairs that need to go.

I tried the No Poo method of washing my hair today. Incredible! It's soft and had the least amount of tangles that it's had in years! Right now, I probably have 15 hair products. I didn't like any of them but I kept looking for the Holy Grail of hair care, buying more things that didn't work and watching the shelf in the bathroom closet fill up.

I'm on day 3 of the OCM for my face. Fantastic! Skin is releasing blackheads, whiteheads and feels super soft. That being said, I don't even want to tell you how many facial lotions and potions I have accumulated.

A huge purge is coming!

Voluntary simplicity, Minimalism, Minsumer, Purgist - Call it what you want, that's what my spirit tells me that I need. It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment